Sunday, March 4, 2012

Forever Young


All girls had this dream. They wanted to be an actress, a singer, a model, a star. But with years they grew up. They've got to know this thing called "disappointment" and "reality". And so their dreams changed. Now they want to grow up and be mothers, lawyers, doctors, politicians or an other job that gives you a damn load of money. But deep down there, there's still that little girl. She's crying, whispering, singing in the bottoms of our hearts. And on a late sleepless night you hear her reminding you. Your old wish. And you laugh it away, telling yourself that that's impossible, that it's naive.

And maybe it is. Maybe it is naive. But certainly not impossible. Because c'mon, most girls gave up their dream without trying, without fighting. And maybe it was the right decision to give up, but what if it wasn't? What if you actually could become a star, if you could be famous. What if you actually could accomplish your dearest dream and make yourself proud?

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, because my mom asked me if I wanted to go back to the music academy to learn to play the piano. I thought about her idea for a few days, and then I realized that when I was younger the reason that I wanted to play the guitar was because I've wanted to be in a band and I was told that I am a terrible singer. Although I never tried to learn it. So right now I discovered that you're never to old to chase your dreams. That no matter what, if something was supposed to happen, fate will throw it at you anyway. So why pushing it away? Why not at least trying? In the end, we live this life only once.
-Nass

No comments:

Post a Comment